The success of any project or organization depends largely on the people putting in the hours and the knowledge and talent they bring to the table. The business of running our government is unlike anything else in the marketplace. Government exists to serve the needs of its citizens, whether it be something relatively simple, such as providing a driver’s license to its citizens, to something enormously complex, such as defending the nation itself. All of the government’s tasks require specialized knowledge and dedication to serving the public good.
LMI’s 55+ year record of successful service in improving the management of government has been built by remarkable people who come to work each day inspired to make a difference. One such person is a treasure. LMI is home to more than 1,200 of them. More importantly, many of them have shared the journey of government service and can provide the kind of insights and expertise needed to analyze and solve complex problems in the style and manner required by senior federal managers.
LMI employs over 400 veterans—more than 30 percent of our workforce, including members with a wide variety of experiences across the services:
- RADM Sinclair Harris, USN, Retired, who served at sea and ashore for 34 years, commanding at all levels of the Navy including ships, squadrons, strike groups, and fleets.
- MajGen Jim Kessler, USMC, Retired, who joined LMI after a distinguished 33-year career in the U.S. Marine Corps in both operational and staff positions overseeing the Marine Corps’ Military Construction program efforts, energy and environmental compliance, and performance oversight of all installations’ logistics functions.
- Col Drew Doolin, USMC, Retired, a former career Marine Corps officer, came to LMI from the Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Agency, where he served as the chief of staff. There, he was the principle staff officer who built diverse teams of military personnel, civilians, and contractors to reduce the effects of improvised explosive devices around the world.
- CAPT Aaron Stanley, USN, Retired, who joined LMI from the Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command, a component of USTRANSCOM, where he served as the director of operations, spearheading surface movements and port operations necessary to deploy, redeploy, and sustain U.S. forces globally.
- CAPT James “Bernie” Poindexter, USN, Retired, who served as the first chief of medical logistics for the Defense Health Agency, leading the team that stood up medical logistics shared services for the Military Health System.
- CAPT Stu Jones, USN, Retired, came to LMI from the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), where he served as the executive officer to the director. While working for DLA, Stu was primarily responsible for directing daily operations involving a global workforce of more than 20,000.
- COL Karen L. Jennings, USA, Retired, is the first female veteran inducted into the University of Rhode Island ROTC Hall of Fame and an Iraq veteran.
Further, we have a strong cadre of career federal employees who now serve in senior leadership positions across LMI:
- Pat Tamburrino Jr, who leads our Health group. Pat is a career member of the Senior Executive Service, having served on the Chief of Naval Operations and the United States Secretary of Defense staff in a variety of roles, including the chief human capital officer of the Department of Defense.
- Jeff Bennett, a retired Navy supply officer who also served in the Senior Executive Service at the Office of the Secretary of Defense Program Analysis and Evaluation as the director of the Force and Infrastructure Cost Analysis Division.
- Anne Twist, who served as a senior executive in the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics) as well as variety of key positions in the Department of the Army, primarily in financial management and strategic planning.
Over 33 percent of LMI’s consulting workforce have upwards of 25 years in senior management level experience in every part of the military and defense department. Our team has the real-world knowledge and hands-on experience that qualifies us to know how to approach your toughest questions. Many of us have been where you have been, and many of us can relate to your challenges in ways others simply cannot based on background or past career familiarity. We mesh this veteran expertise with bright young minds coming out of the nation’s top colleges and universities, along with other early career professionals in providing practical and innovative solutions. Let our team’s shared past experience and knowledge help solve your future challenges.